Accelerate your professional development by attending this exclusive 1 day training programme that’s been designed for practising and qualified language coaches and teachers, trainers, tutors who attended Gabriella Kovacs’ Language Coaching Foundation Programme which precedes this programme directly.
The programme is brought to you by Gabriella Kovacs, ICF-credentialed language coach and business communication trainer, teacher trainer in collaboration with Language Professionals’ Networking Event.
This advanced language coaching training provides case studies, solutions for typical language coaching situations and allows time for practical workshop elements where your contribution is respected.
Originally from Australia, Gabriella Kovacs is head language coach of a corporate language school in Budapest, Hungary. Her mission is to add dimension to ongoing language learning practices by introducing language coaching to organisations and also to spark interest in coaching for language professionals globally. She has designed and led several language coaching workshops and trainings for language professionals and is soon to support teacher trainees and faculty of various institutes and universities.
Gabriella has put together this 1 day action-packed advanced programme for language teachers, trainers and tutors who have been using a coaching approach but wish to add new skills and refresh their range of tools.
June 2019 – exact date to be decided upon demand
9.30am – 5pm
6.5 hours intensive training
- In depth look at unique language coaching tools with practical implementation to fit your professional experience
- Language learning / communication skills representation and utilization within a coaching framework
- Overview of workplace, corporate communication and its role for language coaching purposes
- Alignment of your professional goals and the content of your lessons
- No slides, no lectures, only hands-on practical input – and output
This 1 day Language Coaching Advanced Programme has been developed for language teachers, trainers, tutors and other language professionals in the teaching profession, who …
- wish to develop professionally but feel stuck or have reached a milestone
- have been using a coaching approach but adding new skills and refreshing their range of tools has not been ticked on their development checklist
- would like to represent their professional selves with more confidence as language coaches towards their students, trainees, clients
- find using coaching in a corporate environment a challenge
- intend to use coaching processes in a more aware and conscious manner in the classroom/training room
- are creative and are glad to share their thoughts, feelings, dilemmas and ideas so all participants can learn together and learn from each other
Language coaching supports students to grow to their full potential, to help them find challenges and solutions – not problems or mistakes.
What will you learn and achieve?
The biggest asset will be you ending up with a number of new language coaching tools to add to your existing toolkit. These will include tools to assist all stages of a language coaching process (ranging from initial exploration to discovering hidden strengths, potential and realistic LL goals, paths to reach these goals, accountability, stretching out of the comfort zone but staying out of the panic zone etc.), whether you are working one-to-one or with a group.
What you will also notice is the transformation in how much more versatility you will have in application of language coaching in a teaching or training framework.
You will focus on finding answers to the following:
- How can I reach my full potential as a language coach?
- Do I have a USP as a language coach?
- Is it possible for me to identify needs and create room for more freedom together with a group of language learners too?
- How can I manage usage of written input in the class?
- Where can I increase awareness of language learners when tackling challenges by using visual, auditory and kinaesthetic tools?
- How can I increase my awareness of roles, decision-making and responsibility within the corporate language learning environment?
- Can I really make the whole language learning / communication skills development process practical and learner-friendly?
Thirdly, you will be leaving with a sense of having made friends with a number of like-minded professionals who feel passionately about language coaching and who will be able to support your growth continuously, long-term.
9.30am – 5pm
6.5 hours intensive training
Have your say! Vote on what dates would work for you best.
Spaces are limited to 20 participants exclusively. Express your interest in the programme here to be notified when tickets will be released first hand.
Check out Gabriella Kovacs in an in-depth conversation here with Gabriella Ferenczi, host and organiser of Language Professionals’ Networking Event and founder of ProLingua Global, a London-based language training company: